Suez Canal Transit for all types of vessels. Extensive experience in assisting Rigs, FPSO’s, heavy cargo, towed units through the Suez Canal.
Number of convoys: Two convoys
A. Southbound Convoy:
- Start: 03:30 hr (direct transit).
- Limit Time Arrival: South of lat. 31 28 .7 N Limited by long. 32 37.43 E.
- Report to Port Said before 23:00 hr LT
- Additional Dues:
- 5% if the Vessel arrived after 23:00 hr and up to 24:00 hr (Max. SDR 12,500) – 10% if the Vessel arrived after 24:00 hr and up to 01:00 hr (Max. SDR 25,000)
- 12% if the Vessel arrived after 0100 hr (if the Convoy traffic permits) (Max. SDR 30,000)
B. Northbound Convoy:
- Start: 04:00 hr (direct transit).
- Limit Time Arrival: North of lat. 29 42. 8 N. limited by long. 32 23 .1 E & Long. 32 41 .5 E.
- Report to Port Tewfik before 23:00 hr LT
- Additional Dues
- 5% if the Vessel arrived after 23:00 hr and up to 24:00 hr (Max. SDR 12,500)
- 10% if the Vessel arrived after 24:00 hr and up to 01:00 hr (Max. SDR 25,000)
- 12% if the Vessel arrived after 01:00 hr (if the Convoy traffic permits) (Max. SDR 30,000)
C. Permissible speed:
- 16 km / hr. for ordinary vessels
- 14 km / hr. for Tankers.
A. Escort Tugs:
- Escort tugboats are hired at a unified rate SDR 10,000 per each individual tugboat.
- Loaded vessels less than 70,000 SCNT will be escorted by one tug if for technical reasons SCA find it necessary or when the vessels draught is more than 47 feet.
- Loaded vessels from 70,000 SCNT to 90,000 tons will be escorted by one tug.
- Loaded vessels over 90,000 SCNT will be escorted by two tugs.
- Vessels in ballast over 130,000 SCNT will be escorted by one tug.
- LPG and LNG over 25,000 SCNT (except GF) (1) will be escorted by one tug (2).
- Vessels in ballast with beam over 218 ft up to 233 ft will be escorting by one tug.
- Vessels in ballast with beam over 233 ft will be escorted by two tugs.
- Towed scrapped vessels in ballast 80,000 SCNT and over will be escorted by one tug.
- The Suez Canal net tonnage is assessed regardless of sizes that are temporarily added in each transit (such as double bottom tanks or containers on deck etc.).
B. Imposed Tugs:
- • Imposed tugboats are hired at a unified rate of SDR 22,000 for the entire trip of the tugboats from one end of the Canal to the other.
• The CA may require any vessel to take a tug or tugs through the Canal, when in its judgment such action is necessary to ensure safety of the vessel or to the Canal.
• Any vessel without mechanical power, or the machinery of which is/or becomes disabled, or steers badly, or which is liable to become unmanageable for any reason, shall be towed through the Canal.
• Vessels having engine or steering gear trouble for the second time during the same passage.
• Bad view vessels owing to deck cargo, containers, cranes or constructions impeding the view from the wheelhouse and wings.
• Vessels of 1500 SC.G.T and over unable to use one or both their bow anchor. (Ref. Art: 23)
• Vessels of 1500 SC.G.T and over built with one anchor.
• Vessels of 1500 SC.G.T and over built with more than one anchor if only one of them on the bow.
• Special cases to be studied.
• Drilling vessels.
• Vessels with two engines on one propeller of which one is out of order for any reason and cannot maintain speed of 10 knots at least without current after sea trial to assure the speed and valid sea worthiness certificate.
• Vessels with two engines on two propellers of which one is out of order On Master’s request for one tug or more.
• On Master request for one tug or more.
• Submarines to be escorted by one or two imposed tugs according to CA. Survey (depending on submarine condition, anchors, mooring facilities, power drive…. etc).
• Aircraft carriers to be escorted by two imposed tugs.
• General Cargo vessels carrying explosive of type class 1, (explosive div.1.1, div.1.2 , and div.1.3 according to IMDG code) in less than 50% of the loaded cargo, an imposed tug to be added during transit, for security.
• But if the explosive cargo are 50% or more of the loaded cargo, two imposed tugs are to be added during transit, for security.
Rules Of Navigation
Rebates: We have extensive experience and knowledge of Obtaining rebates with SCA.
Our Official Partner in Egypt is Seagull Shipping carrying an experience of more than 25 years specializing in all types of ship’s agency services at all Egyptian ports ( Port Call , Suez Canal transit , Crew Change, Provision , Stores, transport , logistics solutions, technical supply , bunkering & Maintenance ).